Friday, February 27, 2015

Gathering Materials, Leveling the Foundation

Think the forklift driver will scratch my WRX? Better load by hand...
 So far people seem to be pretty interested when they find out what's going on. Talking with an employee for a while, I was able to get a killer deal on my windows. The catch? They had to be delivered to the Wichita store.

8 windows in a sports car. Thanks to some out-of-the-box thinking from Josh. That kid should get a raise!
Because of the deal, I left my car in Wichita after I moved to Colorado. When the windows came in, I went back to pick them up. I knew it would be a tight fit!

8 hour drive completed, no window damage.

One full trunk.

Can you picture this installed in the back wall?!

Unloading and Leveling the Trailer.
The pad here is pretty sloped, about 9 inches lower on the right axle. Built up a ramp out of treated 2x10s that should handle the load. I had the trailer safety tied from both sides with hand winches to make sure it didn't go anywhere during this process.

14 windows in the back, a 4'x8' stack, and then the 2x stack. Time to convert these piles into a micro mansion!



Each corner has welded on a 5000lb 2' extendable scissor jack. 
Leveled, tarped, and ready for the upcoming snowstorm.


No comments:

Post a Comment